I will never forget the day a friend mentioned the use of a fast to me as a means of getting rid of my acne.
I owe that guy for giving me my life back-literally.
Now, just as he helped me a few years back, Friends, allow me to introduce you to what has been coined by Philippus Paracelsus as “the greatest remedy-the physician within”. This is a fast and for acne, it works.
What is a Fast?
Quite simply, a fast is simply abstinence from solid food for a considerable length of time in the aim of giving the digestive organs a rest. Not to mistaken for starvation, this practice greatly benefits our overall health and is by far a greater cure of our ills-both physical and mental-than all of the drugs of the medical fraternity combined.
There are many types of fasts and for treating acne (and dare I say any health problem-at least in their early and un-fatal stages), they are all quite effective.
1. The complete water fast: This, admittedly, should be conducted with extreme caution or in a specialized sanitarium if undertaken more than 3 days.
2. The Juice Fast: This is much easier for the general populace and can be undergone as long as you feel like it.
3. The Fruit Fast: This, well, is really not a fast per se.but when one lives exclusively on SEASONAL ORGANIC fruits for days on end.meaning mono meals (2 at the most ) of only one kind of fruit say Apples in Fall, Melons in summer for a week plus, you will be bound to see the benefits.
How to Fast
Being radical in nature, fasting must be undertaken with care, however from my experience with it, here are a few tips to hopefully get you started.
1. Prepare yourself for a fast by gradually tapering off of acid-forming aka “junk foods and commence to consuming raw and cooked fruits and veggies to begin a milder cleansing process as these items are the best intestinal brooms for the colon.
2. Every now and again, 3 hours after supper and say an hour or so before retiring to sleep, drink an herbal tea laxative such as “Smooth Move Herbal Tea” during this preparatory stage.
3. Drink 1-2 quarts of unflavored lemonade in the mornings to balance the chemical reactions within the body and to restore it to an alkaline state.
4. Be mentally prepared for the task ahead of fasting.
5. Take things a little easier while fasting or on a mono-diet of fruit.
6. Avoid using microwaves at all costs-can’t go into detail as that is another subject, however, TRUST me. You want to exclude the use of this so-called convenience device not only while fasting put permanently.
7. Taper off a water fast by using the second type (juice fasting) for a few days, then gradually going to the third (mono-fruit fasting), then afterwards you Female Adult Acne Female Adult Acne Treatment (like I do most of the time) simply stick to tons of fruit as the core of your diet or include properly cooked roots, steamed or raw leafy vegetables.
Whatever you do, just please don’t go back to eating the old junk stuff. To explain why in a nutshell, here are two quotes: “You are what you eat” and “Let your foods be your medicine.”
If you are an adult woman who suffers from acne outbreaks, you have probably often felt frustrated or embarrassed by this condition. Rest assured; you are not alone. Millions of women worldwide who have long since past their teenage years now continue to go through the trials of adult acne today. If you are a woman who feels that all is lost, know that regardless of your situation, there is an acne treatment available for you.
Women go through hormonal changes many times in their lives. If you are suffering from a recent acne outbreak, it may be because of hormone changes going on in your body. When the body has a high androgen level, the hormone known as testosterone, it can cause acne outbreaks in the female body.
For mild cases, a number of over-the-counter products are available such as Clearasil or Oxy 10. These products often use benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or a combination of both. These act as an antibacterial cleansing agent and can be effective for less severe cases of adult female acne.
For severe or prolonged hormone imbalances, you may consider talking to a physician about hormone treatments. If hormonal imbalance is the cause of your acne, a doctor can help identify and diagnose the problems. Hormone treatments can be effective against even the most severe cases of acne found in women. The treatment inhibits the androgens from stimulating the oil glands, thus cutting down on excessive oil that can cause clogged pores and hair follicles. A blood test and often a prescription for oral medication are required for hormone treatments, so it is only available through a doctor. They can be very effective treatments, however, even to the point of stopping the acne before it even occurs.
One last-resort option is a prescription medication called Accutane. It is a concentrated form of vitamin A. Vitamin A is an effective nutrient that strengthens the protective tissues in the skin. It helps repair and maintain the cells that mucous membranes are made of. It also inhibits the body’s production of sebum, a kind of oil that the body produces in the sebaceous glands. When the body produces too much sebum, the pores and hair follicles can become clogged. Accutane should be used when other treatments have been tried and failed because it has some side effects such as possible complications during pregnancy or birth defects.
Another option may be birth control pills. Hormonal pills such as OrthoTryCyclen and Estrostep are standard prescriptions that often help prevent acne outbreaks. They are not always totally effective in clearing up blemishes and at times must be used in combination with other forms of treatment. Again, a physician is the best person to consult with in helping to determine what the best options may be. When taking any kind of hormonal birth control pills, women must remember to follow health restrictions that come with use of the pill, such as not smoking cigarettes.
Remember, whatever level of acne a woman has can be treated and helped. The first step in acne prevention is to consult a doctor or dermatologist. If you are ready for beautiful skin, it is very attainable with some effort and care.
Other tips to augment these dietetic suggestions are of course proper hygiene which includes making sure we change our pillow-cases daily, use only one towel (or paper towels) for our faces, steering clear of harsh acne medications (I just use plain cool water and facial massaging) and keeping dirty fingers off the face.
I really think options 2 and especially 3 as ways for treating acne (in regards to the types of a fast) are quite easy for any and everyone to do. So why not give it a shot? I can confidently say fasting-just like it did for me-can and will work wonders for your skin and overall health.
Here’s to a clearer skin naturally.
Learn basics about dogwood shrub varieties at the http://www.dogwoodshrub.net website. To read about what causes nerve pain, view the http://www.nervedamagesymptoms.net site. Want to find out about sick cat symptoms checker? Read all about it at the For tips on jelly fish facts, come see the http://www.typesofjellyfish.net site. Click here. Learn about live plants at the http://www.typesofplants.net site. potted plants info can be found at the http://www.cordylineplants.net page. site. health, fitness, skin care, treatment, disease, healthy food, diet, conditions, medicine health, fitness, skin care, treatment, disease, healthy food, diet, conditions, medicine